Psychiatry is a branch of medicine that deals with mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders. Psychologists explore behavior and mental processes, including perception, cognition, attention, emotion, intelligence, phenomenology, brain functioning and personality.
Also deal with secondary problems such as delirium, post operative psychosis etc.
- At Medicare Hospital, we offer both inpatients and outpatients treatment for all type of mental illness. The treatment strategies include medication, psychotherapies and counseling by expert psychologists.
- To provide better care, support and treatment for psychiatric patients and drug addicts, the department of psychiatry has multidisciplinary teamwork of experts including full time psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, psychiatric social worker, psychiatric nurse etc for 24 hour.
- De-addiction department for people with substance dependence issues.
- Management of depression, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, addictions and sexual dysfunction.
- Management of neurotic disorders.
- Electro convulsive therapy (ECT)
- Counselling intervention for both individual and families for issues like family problem, relationship discords and scholastic backwardness.
- Autistic children care.
- Geriatric care to manage condition like dementia.
- Clinical Psychology-assessment of intelligence, personality, neuropsychological service
- Relaxation training, behavior therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, family and marital psychotherapy
- Child psychotherapy for eating and sleeping disorders, thumb sucking, nail biting, nightmares, and temper tantrums, developmental delays, stealing, aggressiveness, learning difficulties, fear of examination.
- Adolescent’s psychotherapy for anxiety, distress, phobias, immaturity, self-condemnation, truancy, improper sexual behaviors, anger, fear, jealousy, adjustment problems, aggressiveness etc.
- Group psychotherapy.