Pulmonary medicine is the medical super speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of entire spectrum of respiratory diseases.
Pulmonologist is skilled in the management of patients who have suffering from various lung diseases and severe critical ill patients who require ventilator support.
- Pulmonary medicine department is located on 1st floor of the main building well supported with 24*7 availability of well qualified team of pulmonologist and critical care specialist, Trained Intensive Care Nurses, Dietitians, Physiotherapist and paramedical staff.
- ICU with the latest ventilators, multipara monitors, defibrillator with central pacing facility with 24*7 availability of all diagnostic services like pulmonary cytopathology, bedside Ultrasonography ,X-Rays, and 2D/3D Echocardiography etc , Pharmacy and other supportive clinical services.
- Complete evaluation of respiratory system by Simple and advanced pulmonary function test in forced oscillation technique laboratory.
- Management of allergic disorders, asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis, bullous lung diseases and congenital lung diseases.
- Management of tuberculosis, MDR and XDR TB, complicated pneumonia, lung abscess, various fungus and tropical infection of lung, organ transplant related infections, HIV and other immunocompromised patients.
- Management of drug induced, occupational and environmental lung diseases, and different intestinal lung diseases.
- Management of acute respiratory failure ARDS,
- Management of sleep related disorder (CSA, OHS, OSA, Snoring,)
- Management of different pleural pathology(pleural effusion, empyema, pneumothorax, hemothorax, malignancy ) and lung and mediastinal tumors.
- Intercostals drainage insertion,
- Pigtail catheter insertion
- Pleurodesis, therapeutic and diagnostic thoracocentesis.
- Therapeutic and diagnostic video bronchoscopy:
- TBNA (Trans bronchial needle aspiration), brushing, BAL (broncho alveolar lavage), Trans bronchial and endobronchial biopsy etc.
- Foreign body removal, rigid bronchial dilatation and balloon dilatation .endobronchial laser therapy, cryotherapy, electrocautery, brachytherapy, photodynamic therapy and tracheobronchial stenting)
- Medical thoracoscopy. (Pleural biopsy, adhesiolysis.).
- Thoracic surgery like tracheobronchial fistula ,bronchopulmonary fistula, lobectomy, Pleurectomy, pneumonectomy...